• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP650 or DD 12v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

Hi, thinking of chosing a 12v pump this time around with a new w/c, out of these 2 (mcp650 and dd12v) which one would u guys recommand? and which one is quiter / works better? i can get both of those in the UK so thats y i chose those 2, but if there r any that are A LOT better then please let me know!

TIA

lol.. u sure? cuz i know the DD one has a few revisions, with each new one been more slient... where as the swiftech one i have no idea about, only found out about it on a UK retailer site.

They are the same. They're both made by liang (as the D4).

Any stock that you can get from either vendor now, will be the muffled version.

hmm so i might aswelll get the DD12v then... so is the 1250 reall THAT much quiter then the dd12v? is it worth getting it just for that, i don't want one which is tooo loud, have to sleep int he same room as compuer...

The DD D4 has a high pitched whine but it is not extremely loud. The 2X120(Evercool Aluminum) fans on the rad running at 12V are louder. If you run your fans at 7V, you will be able to hear the pump.

I have not used both pumps but from what i have read the MCP600 is quieter. According to some posts i have read the 650 has a high pitched wine. I have used the MCP600 and find it to be very low noise and great performance.

arnoldma said:
so whats the difference between mcp600 and mcp650 then?
completely different pumps. the 650 is known for its durabilty, while the mcp 600 is known for its quiteness.

preformance levels are approximately the same.

I have a MCP-650 runnign on the ground in front of my system as I'm doing the leak tests on my cooling loop. At 12v, it makes very little noise. The noise is not high pitched, more like a muffled buzz - almost like a bee but a lower buzz. :)

I'll be hard pressed to hear it once it's mounted in the case. Also you can reduce the volts which quiets it down even more.

unixadm said:
I have a MCP-650 runnign on the ground in front of my system as I'm doing the leak tests on my cooling loop. At 12v, it makes very little noise. The noise is not high pitched, more like a muffled buzz - almost like a bee but a lower buzz. :)

I'll be hard pressed to hear it once it's mounted in the case. Also you can reduce the volts which quiets it down even more.
but why do that when you can get a product that is quite to begin with and preforms at the same level. if you drop the voltage on it, you lower the preformance making the mcp600 an even better choice.

Back