• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mount Danger Den's TDX on LGA775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

Mounting the DD TDX on LGA775 & Nozzles Selections

This very nicely machined piece, did not come with directions. I take it that the center barb is "IN" and the outter barb is "OUT"?

Also, take at look at this photo and see how I put the washers, springs, and nuts togather. I think I got it in a good order.

800x600.aspx

Last edited:
Looks good to me!
Mounting wise, make sure the 'accelorator (sp?) nozzel is hitting the center of the chip. so In other words, its the barb in the middle.

While we are at it, what about the reducers inside of the water block? I got the package with 5 differnet sizes. As far as I can see, the waterblock has the largest flowing piece already in place from DD.

There's one that seems to match the same size as the existing one that comes with it. What's the advantage of changing down to smaller sizes? There's actually one that completely blocks off all flow!

Etacovda said:
http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/danger_den_tdx_nozzle_tests_-_.php

#4 nozzle is probably the best choice, #5 is the best performing.

The blank one allows you to make your own,if you wish.
Awesome article! STICKY!

That's pretty interesting. I wonder why there is better performance with the smaller #4 nozzle then the larger #1. Very odd.

Actually, I'm not sure which one I'd use (#4 or #5). Perhaps once I add in the Pelter and GPU blocks (SLI as soon as I can get a mobo), I'll need the extra flow.

Hopefully I can move to dual CPUs and dual SLI cards. I had a theory: If I insert an Y after the radiator (before the CPU blocks), and split the volume of water to each CPU, then the pressure drop would drop in half. So using the #5 nozzles in this configuration could yeild benificial (sp ck).

Last edited:
eduncan911 said:
Awesome article! STICKY!

That's pretty interesting. I wonder why there is better performance with the smaller #4 nozzle then the larger #1. Very odd.

Actually, I'm not sure which one I'd use (#4 or #5). Perhaps once I add in the Pelter and GPU blocks (SLI as soon as I can get a mobo), I'll need the extra flow.

Hopefully I can move to dual CPUs and dual SLI cards. I had a theory: If I insert an Y after the radiator (before the CPU blocks), and split the volume of water to each CPU, then the pressure drop would drop in half. So using the #5 nozzles in this configuration could yeild benificial (sp ck).

#5 is better than #1 because it accelerates the water to a faster velocity before it hits the baseplate and removes the boundary layer better than the #1.

Back