• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alcohol 120% image problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

Ok, I have about 50 CD's backed up... only to find that some of those are corrupt... they're all music CD's, and they skip and pop while playing. I don't think it's a fault of anything other than the images themselves. Since I want exact copies, this won't do. Anyone have the same problem or suggestions to this problem?

Thanks very much! Finally some headway into this ugly problem. I'm actually thinking of somehow switching to Nero, now that you mention it. One question, though, what format will CDExis store the CD's in?

I use cdex to rip to .mp3. Your problem could be a hardware , Software or setting problem though. But since it is not all of them I would think that it could just be that you have some scratched disks. You might also want to try to read the cd you are copying with your cdrw drive. your dvd/cd drive might not be that great at reading disks.

When you backed up your CD, did you set Alcohol 120% to read it as an Audio CD? Also, if the original CD has scratches on it, it can cause it to skip when reading it to make the image.

Ok... I tried Nero, ISObuster, and Alcohol 120%, and none of them worked. There is this pop or static or something else that happens at places. Perhaps my already half-broken DVD-ROM is acting up? I'll see if RMAing it solves this problem.

Schalldampfer said:
Ok... I tried Nero, ISObuster, and Alcohol 120%, and none of them worked. There is this pop or static or something else that happens at places. Perhaps my already half-broken DVD-ROM is acting up? I'll see if RMAing it solves this problem.

I said this earlier but you might have missed it: "You might also want to try to read the cd you are copying with your cdrw drive."

look for some driver/firmware updates cause i had the same problem with my dvd player cause the company screwed up the original firmware. Also can the dvd player reads cds u haven't burned?

Kendan said:
I said this earlier but you might have missed it: "You might also want to try to read the cd you are copying with your cdrw drive."

Don't have the commodity of a separate CDRW drive... I only have that Lite-ON DVD combo drive.

Back