• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So how do 'you' flush your system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

If I could make this a poll, I would.

So how do you flush/cycle your system (t-line, bottom drain, etc)?

And how often (every month, every 6 monts cause I have to, never)?

Please mention if you are using a t-line, a reservior, a combination or something else. Basically, how often do you have to maintenance your system and why.

With my new setup, I'm not sure what to expect in maintenance. Trying to get a feel.

Last edited:
I pull all the H2O parts out of the case, loosen the clamps, and dump the fluid down the sink. I normally only flush it whenever I need to change parts, or when the water gets really dirty by staining the tubes, which would be every 6-12 months. Also use a Tline. As long as the fluid is clean I don't see a need to flush it.

I am running a res on my system instead of a t-line. When I drain it I just pour most of it out the res and take one tube off and blow the rest of the liquid out of the set-up.

I have not had my system running for more that 3 months without me changing something but I anticipate that I will be flushing every 6 months.

I'm looking at draining my relativly soon, (I've been running the loop for little over 3 months) as I seem to have white growth on the tubing. To do it, I have a a valve-based brass T.
Option E. Completly disassemble the system, scrub each part, and replace the tubing.

Last edited:
Btw, I forgot to ask in my post (but asked in the subject line): What do you use to flush your system? Do you:

A) Drain everything (including tilting the case around), then simply refill?

B) Drain and fill with some type of cleaner (what type of cleaner and how much), then run the pump without powering on the system?

C) Use an external high-powered pump to force a lot of pressure of fluid (to remove any clogs)?

D) I don't see a need to flush. I just drain when I need to change components.

I'm thinking about C. I got an old electic water pump for my old 75 Monte Carlo that had a 454 in it. :D That sucker, hooked up at 12V, can pump some MAJOR fluid. Combine that with a 5gal bucket of detergent... Clean as a whisle in a few hours.

Humm, I wonder how this pump would look mounted on the front of my case. :santa: Well, it's too wide for even that. But cool idea though! Hehe.

Back