PDA

View Full Version : Best/Fastest Car in NFSU2

iLLestOne
11-20-04, 12:41 AM
I was just wondering what car you guys thought was the fastest in NFSU2? In nfsu, the miata and the skyline were prob the 2 fastest...

Right now I'm using a miata and a supra....the supra still kinda sucks though, so I wanna make sure my next car is a good choice :)

Thanks!

TheGreySpectre
11-20-04, 01:11 AM
the miata was never that fast, it just had good handling, the reason it was so easy to win with was because the speed of your oponents was based on your speed, at one point i beat the entire game with a stock car, when i had to upgrade, i upgraded than promptly returned to stock

Probably the fastest car is the hundai one, its crazy fast, but doesnt have the greates handling, i like the Skiline and WRX, but the hundai is great for drag racing

iLLestOne
11-20-04, 02:08 AM
I've done some more researching and ur right, the hundai is one of the fastest ones, but i heard it handles pretty bad..

So far, from what I've read, the rx8 is the best car...kinda wish I didn't waste all this money on the supra, lol...and a unique upgrade :(

Panzerknacker
11-20-04, 06:02 AM
I think teh Lincoln Navigator is teh fastest :p u could build 3 engines into it, one in the front one in the middle and one in the back.

No the Pontiac GTO is the fastest in drag racing, is does 0-100 in 3.7 seconds stock, I tested that.

gigabit
11-20-04, 06:23 AM
Are you talking about The GTO in the game or for real?....lol And is there a GTO in need for speed.I have never played so i dont know.

Panzerknacker
11-20-04, 06:31 AM
Are you talking about The GTO in the game or for real?....lol And is there a GTO in need for speed.I have never played so i dont know.

Yes there is a GTO in nfsu2, and I did 3.7 seconds with it in game.

gigabit
11-20-04, 06:36 AM
Cool because i wanna get this game is it worth it.

Tat
11-20-04, 06:37 AM
Dam ... THis game is sik. I spent 8 hrs today just play that. And I still dont have those car yet. My miata is pretty bad though. I could get the Lexus. So to wat level I'll get those car like Supra and GTO or Skyline. I meant how many percent complete of the game. There are alot of mission though. I really enjoy it. The way the make the car respond to the control is the best racing game I've ever played, so is the view. :) :beer: :D

veryhumid
11-20-04, 08:12 AM
I was just wondering what car you guys thought was the fastest in NFSU2? In nfsu, the miata and the skyline were prob the 2 fastest...

Right now I'm using a miata and a supra....the supra still kinda sucks though, so I wanna make sure my next car is a good choice :)

Thanks!

yeah the miata was awesome. and for the drift races it was like cheating ;) Played through the whole game with that car. can't wait for my copy of nfsu2 to get here!

Banyan
11-20-04, 11:13 AM
is nfs just rice cars?

Needitcooler
11-20-04, 11:31 AM
After I beat the game I used the trainer to give myself like 500,000 cash. I used that to fully upgrade almost every car and test them out. I can say with much confidence that the Audi TT has the best performance. That car has crazy acceleration and handling.

TheGreySpectre
11-20-04, 11:36 AM
yes nfsu2 is only cheap cars that you can upgrade no ferarris or anything

Cyrix_2k
11-20-04, 11:57 AM
is nfs just rice cars?
If you want american muscle (with decent graphics...) get NFS 3 or 4.

Panzerknacker
11-20-04, 12:34 PM
well, there is some american muscle in nfsu2, in the form of the Pontiac GTO and Ford Mustang 2005. There are also some european cars, and even SUV's like the Escalade and Navigator. And some of the 'rice' cars are cool, like the Lancer EVO!

Cyrix_2k
11-20-04, 01:27 PM
well, there is some american muscle in nfsu2, in the form of the Pontiac GTO and Ford Mustang 2005. There are also some european cars, and even SUV's like the Escalade and Navigator. And some of the 'rice' cars are cool, like the Lancer EVO!
Which is exactly why I'm buying nfsu2. However, in 3 and especially 4, you can download literally ANY vehicle you want and race it in the game.

iLLestOne
11-20-04, 03:35 PM
After I beat the game I used the trainer to give myself like 500,000 cash. I used that to fully upgrade almost every car and test them out. I can say with much confidence that the Audi TT has the best performance. That car has crazy acceleration and handling.
What car came 2nd you think? W/ all around perfromance?? The supra's crappy handleing is getting on my nerves...

Also, how do you get rid of old cars...i looked when i was in the garage and in the car lot, and I didn't see anywhere to trade-in a car....

Did you guys turn off "Stability control" too? I turned it off in the demo, and it was off by defualt in the game....I turned it on to see if I liked it, but I couldn't play w/ it on....had to slow down too much for corners, lol

TheGreySpectre
11-20-04, 03:49 PM
you have to go to the car shops to trade cars, they are listed as teal dots on your map if you have been to one and if you havent you will see a teal light by where the shop is

Flip-Mode
11-20-04, 03:51 PM
If you don't have a vacant space in your garage it will ask you whether you want to trade in one of your other cars and will let you choose which.

Needitcooler
11-20-04, 06:58 PM
My rankings:
Audi TT
Lancer Evo III
Mazda RX-7
Nissan Skyline

tom10167
11-20-04, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all of the Miata compliments.

I'm proud to own one. :D

Too bad I can't figure out how to get more races. :(

iLLestOne
11-20-04, 07:57 PM
You prob need to do some outrun races...or "rice" out ur car to get more stars...

So the audi TT u say...hmmm...i got 75,000 and need to pick a new car! lol

felinusz
11-20-04, 08:45 PM
The Miata rocks in this game - I started with one, and it's all souped up and crazy fast now. Those "unique" upgrade things make this game fun; I got some Cool Rims, and a "unique" Engine for free just by racing people in the streets. This game would be better with police, and car damage though.

The game's also not challenging enough :-/.

I'm proud to own one.

Too bad I can't figure out how to get more races.

You prob need to do some outrun races...or "rice" out ur car to get more stars...

So the audi TT u say...hmmm...i got 75,000 and need to pick a new car! lol

I think he means that he owns a Miata, in *real life* :D.

iLLestOne
11-20-04, 10:49 PM
My comment was refering to the "Too bad I can't figure out how to get more races"

Same thing happend to me, I upgraded the look, and more races poped up :)

I already got the unique engine upgrade, and I'm not outrun racing anymore until I figure out what car is going to be MY car..

I have a alright miata, and a lvl2-3 supra.....and 90,000...so I need to figure out what car to buy to pimp out some more :)

Tat
11-20-04, 11:54 PM
Dam the GTO is dam quick. I dont get it yet in carrer mode, but I can upgrade it in Quickmode like engle lvl2, all other level 1. I got 2.67 (0-60) Dyno test => 3.88. I tested run 2.67 :drool:. Need to get that car for career mode. lol.

_slh_
11-21-04, 07:59 AM
I started out with a 206, then got a hummer and an Audi TT (all 3 with max upgrades and 10 star visual). I just got a Skyline, and have installed all performance upgrades on it, just getting the money together for visual upgrades now.

veryhumid
11-21-04, 08:28 AM
My rankings:
Audi TT
Lancer Evo III
Mazda RX-7
Nissan Skyline

do you mean evo VIII? I really hope the game doesn't have a lancer 3 in it ;). and that is sad that the tt is awesome in the game. in real life it is crap compared to the other cars on your rank. Can you get any of those right off the bat?

I'm proud to own one. :D

Too bad I can't figure out how to get more races. :(

oh so it's true that when you use nitrous colored flames shoot out your exhaust pipe, lol ;)

Needitcooler
11-21-04, 11:44 AM
lol. Yah, Evo VIII. My bad. You can't get any of these right off the bat. I think the Audi TT is available near the end of sponsor #2. The RX-7 is also available around that time. The Lancer and the Skyline aren't available until sponsor #4.

Xbladr
11-21-04, 12:52 PM
I dont know if any of you actually know real cars but just for ur info if EA made the Audi the best car they seriously screwed **** up. The audi tt in real life is awful. It is slow and doesnt even handle well. My buddy owns it for PS2 and i really havent played it much but i hope to god the Audi is not the best car in the game.

Xenocide
11-21-04, 01:13 PM
its all rice.

they need a s/c ///m and um yea, all of that jap rice **** would be left in the smoke :D

iLLestOne
11-21-04, 08:54 PM
I started out with a 206, then got a hummer and an Audi TT (all 3 with max upgrades and 10 star visual). I just got a Skyline, and have installed all performance upgrades on it, just getting the money together for visual upgrades now.

Which do you like better, then TT or the skyline? Also, how much money does it cost to make a car lvl3?

I have a supra at lvl3, and about 60,000....i'm waiting to find out which is the best car before i upgrade again......

Zebbo
11-22-04, 12:40 PM
I've played the game fully to the end, and fact is, fastest car in the game is Mazda RX-8. Skyline sucks for big time.

iLLestOne
11-23-04, 01:31 AM
Oh yea, by the end, how many cars can u buy and pimp out?

It seems it takes about...i think it was 70,000-100,000 to fully pimp out a car...

at the moment, i have a lvl3, 8 star supra w/ 82,000 bucks....i just wanna see how much I should save or if I will get boat loads of cash soon :)

_slh_
11-23-04, 03:22 AM
Which do you like better, then TT or the skyline? Also, how much money does it cost to make a car lvl3?

I have a supra at lvl3, and about 60,000....i'm waiting to find out which is the best car before i upgrade again......

Depends...I prefer the TT for streetX and drift racing, but the Skylines better for everything else. As for cost, Ive no idea...didnt count it. Just bought upgrades till I ran out of cash, then did a few more races and spent the money on more upgrades till I had them all. You make the most money from sponsor and URL races. Also, the only way to unlock some of the level 3 performance upgrades (brakes, weight reduction and nitrous I think) is to find all the shops.

Flip-Mode
11-23-04, 03:44 AM
Guys I don't know how you are missing the Lancer EVO....
The car does 0-60 in 3 seconds on the dyno after I tweaked the settings manually and the damn car corners like its in a cartoon I simply LOVE the car.

furiousfords89
11-25-04, 07:51 PM
what car do you guys prefer for drifting? i use my tiburon (http://groups.msn.com/OCE/nfsunderground2pics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=51) for drifting right now, i have it set up so that its impossible to even make a turn without doing a drift :)

also is the rx-8 really the fastest car in the game? my rx-8 has a top speed of 198 mph right now with level 2 and some level 3 upgrades.
Oh and im thinkin about gettin a mustang in the game as soon as im able to unlock it, can someone give me some opinions about the stang?

john240sx
11-26-04, 02:50 AM
i just started my 3rd sponser and still using my first car, the 240sx. i'm partial to this car but it really is a great car. drifts like no other with a bit is suspension tweaking, drag racing is a little tougher but if you hit all the shift points perfect you'll smoke whatever you race anyway. URL and streetX races are a breeze with this car too.

remember, tweak your suspension. adjust the downforce and tire grip, it all actually works. take a little time on the test track and go to town on the settings (made my 240 pull 1.2g's a little while ago hehe)

SK8
11-26-04, 02:57 AM
(made my 240 pull 1.2g's a little while ago hehe)
Jeeze, i could only do a 1.1 in a modded golf. This game is fun but bs, i ran a 8.4 in the 1/4 with my car

tom10167
11-26-04, 03:34 PM
its all rice.

they need a s/c ///m and um yea, all of that jap rice **** would be left in the smoke :D

Do you ever have anything remotely insightful to say when it comes to cars?

You've driven one BMW, and a minivan, give me a break.
:rolleyes:

For the record, Audi, Ford, and Pontiac are not Japanese? Peugot?

Zim2411
11-26-04, 10:29 PM
I have a Miata, Escalade (never drive it) Hyundai Tiburon (love it) and an Audi TT.

My Tiburon kicks ass, great for drag races, and drifts (I hit 135,000, next highest score was 60,000)

wado1
11-27-04, 03:42 AM
Right now I have a 240, Navigator (never drive, just for show), IS300, and G35....

all the cars are level 2 i believe, I like the IS the most because it handles very well, I can cut corners crazy...the G35 is faster though, being that it has 6 gears. God I love this game, yesterday I played for like 15 straight hours...from like 3pm to 6am.

RSXXXR
12-17-04, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone, Ive been playing the game for a little over 2 weeks and the best car (fully modified) is the Acura Rsx - not just biased. In the quarter with all level 3 stuff I ran 9.6 with a 2.0 0-60. Mind you that is with Nitrous. Handles good on everything and you can tell a difference when you tune the suspension. I also have a fully modified Evo and it sucks FYI.

sup3rcarrx8
12-18-04, 02:32 AM
IMO, the RX8 seems a really good overall car considering that mine topped out over 220mph and it could still turn not like the 350z or skyline. Oh yeah, I tuned them correctly too.

edit: current cars in my garage are all fully modified cars - Peugot 206, Hummer H2, RX-8, and a Trueno just for fun. :bday:

tom_ed1987
12-18-04, 02:51 PM
im still using my first car 240sx. its getting a bit weak in drags now so i reckon ill get a new car. im on sponsor 3, with level 10. do the "unique" performance upgrades really help at all? ive got a few on this car and each one seemed to do nothing.

austinbmxnig
12-18-04, 02:55 PM
my escalade is pretty quick, with 26"spinners :beer:

JasonDTM
12-18-04, 03:06 PM
I've gotten a Skyline to 0 - 60mph in 1.9 seconds, perfect shifts with Nitrous off the line

PCGUY112887
12-18-04, 07:40 PM
Humm why are you guys paying for cars?
I have 3 cars and didn't buy 1 of them :p
I guess I am still running off of the freebie cars that I won....

Right now I am running a 240sx and I love it... won't part with it untill i'm later in the game. I also have another 240sx that stock... (yes I have 2 240sx's) that was an error on my part :p
O and I bought the hummer just to see how it did... then I went outside and it was soo slow climbing up the hill so I just ditched it.

Right now I have about 1/2 of my lev 2 parts...

austinbmxnig
12-18-04, 07:47 PM
who said they were paying for them?

PCGUY112887
12-18-04, 11:51 PM
John.. may I ask what exact settings were you using when you hit 1.2g?

DenniSTi
12-19-04, 01:24 AM
That's sad if the RX8 really was the fastest.

austinbmxnig
12-19-04, 12:09 PM
weren't they recalled because people were dynoing them and they were reporting almost 100 horsepower less then advertised?

PCGUY112887
12-19-04, 12:28 PM
That would be funny if it is true :p