• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ModdingXtremist

i am getting the HWLabs Black Ice Xtreme Radiator inc 1/4 inch NPT threads radiator. how many fans should be mounted on it? 2 on each side? and what fans and shrounds is recommened for this radiator.

this is a single right? if so then you can put a max of 1 fan on each side. you dont need a shroud since it has fan screw holes already drilled in it, but a shroud may give you a bit better temps since it eliminates deadspots caused by the fan. for fans you can get the 120mm sanyo denki, a guy on ebay and the classifieds sells them. his ID is dockhardware or something. gl

Make your own out of cardboard and tape/glue. Cheap and works better then any widely made shouds (a few people here and there make excellent ones, like Weapon).

ModdingXtremist said:
what shroud should i get? i cant seem to find any british retailers that stock them, Thanks!

Shrouds are just solid pieces of material used to channel air. It doesn't have to be anything particularly swish for it to work well. Getting old Tupperware boxes and cutting them up works well. It's cheap (the sign of a true modder if I may add ;) ), they are waterproof and they are very sturdy.

Fans? Depends what you really want. They shouldn't be particularly expensive unless you want real quality, but if it's for a radiator you might want that. And you do want 2, it not only cools better, but it adds redundancy.

Back