• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is dangerden stuff 1/4inch NPT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NPT? Whats that? Usually i noticed that Swiftech says 1/2", they mean 1/2" barbed and 3/8" threaded. So i assume that dangerden also uses 3/8" threaded and 1/2" barbed

1/4" National Pipe Thread. The Inner Diameter of a fitting using 1/4" NPT is slightly less than 1/2" because of the wall thickness. The only way to get true 1/2" ID fittings is to use 5/8" OD. Hope this cleared some things up.

what im talking about is the threaded hole size. i tried using the high flow dangerden fittings on a maze4 cpu block but they wouldnt fit properly.

Tube fittings with an o-ring are not compatable with NPT fittings because they are not tapered. They rely on the o ring for a good seal. If these "high flow" fittings (marketing gimmick) use an o-ring to seal or if the maze-4 is intended to use o-rings for sealing and you are using NPT barbs, you wont have a compatable setup.

I believe that the o-ringed hi-flo barbs have a reg 9/16ths thread and all the other DD stuff is 1/4 NPT. That would make them non interchangable.

Ancient_1, thanks for clearing that up. the high flow fittings are just a little bit bigger then the holes and threads on my maze 4

Back