• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the heck is wrong with my water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smartmoney

Registered
take a look.
this is my first setup and was told to mix the following stuff
my setup has a total of 44oz of water
so i used
2 oz zerex
about 1-1/4 oz water wetter
a small squeeze of uv die from DD
i get a puke orange..........
no green here. does turn green under uv but i cannot stand to look at it when the case is not on......

the bottle on the left is of uv die only but it is only kinda green

where did i go wrong?

also i made a small mistake in the install and i do not have a flow indicator? what would be a good one to get?

green%20resized.jpg

Last edited:
I think that would look normal to me, Water Wetter is a red tint and the Zerex is a darker red so once you and some of that yellow/green in there you are going to get that odd orange color.. where did you get the mixture formula from and what did they say it would come out as (color wise)

I Suggest you flush out your system and get some of -This -. It makes the whole additive thing very uncomplicated the pre- mixed bottle is added to a 1 gallon bottle of distilled water to make a gallon of properly mixed safe coolant that looks great.

sorry bout the size. forget when i take the pic for web to lower the size....
dang 8mp cmera :)

no need to flush the system as i never got it in yet. did not like the color.
Just ran water for the leakcheck.

i got the mixture from DD but was never warned about the color.
YUCK

gotta do something else

About the flow monitor...yes i am worried about the pump quitting. never had one and what if it did quit.. i run mmy comp 24-7 so how will it know?
is there a prog that will shut it down for high temp? i think the bios might but never used that? whaat shout the shutoff temp be?

Jeff,

Does that premix concentrate actualy have any added cooling capacity? like the water wetter will add? or is it just an anti corosion/agle/UV mix??

Swiftech hydrix will do excactly what zerex and water wetter do, plus its UV reactive in green.
check it out in the online store at swiftnets.com

smartmoney said:
About the flow monitor...yes i am worried about the pump quitting. never had one and what if it did quit.. i run mmy comp 24-7 so how will it know?
is there a prog that will shut it down for high temp? i think the bios might but never used that? whaat shout the shutoff temp be?
Well what pump do you have?
Think about it this way, a flowmeter need to be read by your eyes. So if your not there, it really wont help :p . It will hurt your flow rate a bit and will require extra tubing and space.

Most modern motherboards have overheat protection.
I set my NF7 to shut down @ 75C cpu temp.

I Don't believe watter wetter will help on the other hand it will probably do more harm as it will cloud your tubes. Remember this is not a high performance auto your dealing with the temps an the way the liquid is being used is slightly diff than a car. I see so many people here that keep adding more stuff to thier systems without flushing out whats already in there. You could end up with quite a science project if your not careful. The UV Coolant has the proper amounts of non-lethal glycol and anti growth agents to co-exist with the dye to deliver the proper glow and protection when used alone and mixed as directed.

thanks senator,
i'll check out swiftech
my pump is a mcp650

i know the more i talked about the flowmeter the dumber i sounded.......

it was just had to tell it was all working. the pump is quiet and i could see no flow.

what about a good temp probe? how do you'all find your water temps?

Senater_Cache said:
Swiftech hydrix will do excactly what zerex and water wetter do, plus its UV reactive in green.
check it out in the online store at swiftnets.com

Well what pump do you have?
Think about it this way, a flowmeter need to be read by your eyes. So if your not there, it really wont help :p . It will hurt your flow rate a bit and will require extra tubing and space.

Most modern motherboards have overheat protection.
I set my NF7 to shut down @ 75C cpu temp.
The NF7-s' shutdown temp does work. I had my pump fail and it shut down and I've also had my fan controller come disconnected (which also has my MCP600 on it) and the computer turned off. So yeah, you shouldn't need a flowmeter.

Back