• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here are some pics of my set up....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjs22

First time water cooler here folks! Just wanted to show some pics of my system...

The system started out as being a case mod that kind of got out of hand. Started out with the purchase of a used Lian Li PC61 that I got for a song. I decided to totally strip the case down and have all of the outside and some of the inside components powder coated which I think turned out really well. In the future I may have the case frame done as well but for now I think that it looks fine the way it is.

While I had the case apart I figured that it was time to do something about the noise that the fan that was keeping my P4 3.2E cool. I was satisfied with temps on air cooling but it sounded like the bathroom exhaust fan running. So I decided to water cool this sucker!

I purchased a water cooloing kit from Swiftech the H20-8501 with the optional MCW5000-P water block. Put the kit together inside the case which took me a little over an hour and ran it without any components inside and it ran like a champ.

Well what you will see in these pics has taken me a while to put together but I feel that it looks great. I just wish that I had a way to figure out what the acutal CPU temp is because the Abit Hardware monitor sucks!

Let me know what you think!

Mike

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9
pic10
pic11
pic12

what is the temperature monitor reading?

Here is some tips to "optimize" your setup:

1. Cut out that rear fan grill, square to match the rad is best but just round is better than the stock cutout.

2. Looks like your fan is exhausting throught the rad, you will see better temps with it sucking cold air through the rad. Case temps will only be affected by a few C.

3. Can you put the rad at the top of the case? you dont want it sucking up the hot air from the PSU.

Welcome to water cooling ;)

The only problem with water cooling is that you start looking at new parts as soon as you are setup, I bet you will be wanting to upgrade that BIM soon.

Yeah that power coating looks awesome. You should get the rest of it done, then it would look really awesome. You can get motherboard monitor 5, I use it and I hear its pretty accurate.

ls7corvete said:
The only problem with water cooling is that you start looking at new parts as soon as you are setup, I bet you will be wanting to upgrade that BIM soon.
Yup. LOL

cut the fan grill like corvette said, and make a duct seperating your psu exhaust and channeling it upward.

looking good so far.

Back