• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help building a res?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

hey all i got some lexan recently and was wondering whats the best way i could use it to build a res, and how it should be designed, currently i got 2 sheets 1ft by 2ft. and 4 1ft by 1ft sheets... any help would be appreciated as i dont know what im doing :p

it would be very hard building a res with what you have due to the pressure the res has to contain. it would be better to buy a cheap one, or even go for a t-line

hmmm not sure if i get what your saying or not so forgive this comment if im being an idiot, the lexan is very thick, not flimsy stuff at all would that help at all?

Leaking....

I think that making it leak-proof would be the most difficult part...especially over time.

I have built my own acrylic reservoir, and yur gonna need that liquid cement u can find at plastics stores, tools to cut the plastic like a jigsaw or hand saw, some clamps to clamp the acrylic pieces together.

yea ive considered the leaking possibilty but im willing to chance it, also i think i have access to tools required. Im just not sure how i should design it however so im looking for suggestions on that :)

Back