• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corasir Hydrocool 200ex Performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceCoolJay

Registered
Corsair Hydrocool 200ex Opinions?

Hi,

Summer is approaching where im from and because of this I am really considering using a water cooling solution to cool my Intel 3.2E "prescott" system. I have considered a number of options but am leaning towards the CORSAIR HYDROCOOL 200EX system. I have also thought about a DIY water cooling solution but since i'm a newbie in the world of water cooling, i thought it would be easier going with the corsair kit (Not to mention my case being limited in space).

Now would anybody have any thoughts on the Hydrocool 200EX system. I just need some feedback before i spend money on this system. I have read a couple of reviews on the net, and it seems that this system would have to be the best water cooling kit available. It beasts the aqaugate and aquarius kits hands down (I think) and it can be modded quite freely.

any opinions would be welcomed.

THANKS!!!

i am also a newbie :cool: but you shouldnt get a kit as you dont get the same performance as a diy one. so dont buy a kit.
you should aim for a pump that is able to pump above 300gpm
any res will do
a blackice rad is great
piping doesnt matter, but dont splash out to much on it
a waterblock like a swiftech one

check my setup :clap:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=344640

I'm pretty new to the world of WC as well, so take this for what it's worth:

I researched all of the existing kits as much as possible before deciding on a DIY setup. It seems like none of them get close to the performance I've been able to achieve with the kit I put together. The closest I've seen are the Asetek Waterchill Antartica and the Thermochill Big Water.

I'm going to reengineer my system based on the things I've learned from the big dogs around these forums. The Bigwater was actually a consideration for me until yesterday, but I decided against it because I'm not sure I can get a waterblock for my GPU wedged into that system.

As far as being in a tight case, well...that's why God made Dremmel. If you decide to go that route, just make sure you take your time and plan things out before you put saw to metal.

DIY would be best performance wise, but if you don't want to go through all that trouble, the Hydrocool actually does perform decently...

The hydrocool is the best external h2o kit, beating its runner up the Koolance Exos.

Corsair is working with delphi to design a new hydrocool though, which may be similar to the Apple G5 watercooling

Yeah, its got decent performance compared to all the other kits out there. I need an external kit because my case is pretty small. When i get more comfortable with water cooling i will upgrade later. From what i hear the hydrocool can be modded quite easily. eg bigger tubing, new pump. I was also looking at the asetek waterchill kit, butthat looks like it has to be installed inside the system.

if your going to start modding it and adding other parts, just buy a new bigger case, or build your own external enclosure and put in some good diy parts.

Back