• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP Add/Remove hep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

typhoonmike

Okay this should really be simple but it's confusing me.

I want to remove some of the installed Windows components. I go into Add/Remove programs and bring up the Windows Programs.

I see a list of programs, some have check marks next to them and some of them don't. I understand that if I don't have something installed and want to install it that I just put a check next to it and install it. But what about removing?

Lets say I want to remove GAMES. There is a line that says Accessories and Utilities and it has a check mark next to it. If I click on details for it, I see 2 more line items. Accessories with a check mark and Games with a check mark. I'm assuming the check mark next to games means that it's currently installed. Do I just remove the check to uninstall it or do I keep it there to uninstall it?

I don't want to remove everything from the list and I don't want to install things that I don't want. Since there doesn't seem to be an ADD button or a REMOVE button, it seems like I just have to go through the entire list removing/adding check marks then click next to do everything at once. This is where I get confused I guess.

Hopefully someone understands what I'm saying and can help me out.

Thanks.

typhoonmike said:
Do I just remove the check to uninstall it or do I keep it there to uninstall it?

Thanks.

Yes.

Checked means its installed. Uncheck it to have it uninstalled, no check means its not installed.

The list never changes, unless you install a SP or hotfix that updates it.

Back