• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking Of Going Pelt For Gfx, Some Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

Hi, i know pretty much nothing about pelt, other then fact its a thermoplate that is veyr cold on one side and hot the other side, and it comes in different power ratings tongue.gif

what i need to know is what size, power wise (i.e. 80w) would be enough to cool a x800pro vivo o/c'd currently getting about 52C on air... and also what temps these pelts would give me?

another quesitons is would i need a seprate power supply to just run a single pelt? i.e. one of those powersupplies u guys sell here at O-CuK...

lastly do i have to evop protect the gfx card as if i would when installing a mach2 on the cpu slot, with the sealing string, and grease and everything??

thanks in advanced, bye.

ps. i JUST heard that u can not cool ur gfx card 24/7 because when u r in windows u cant provide enough heat to sotp the pelt from freezing up?

I'd put a 172W pelt on it, a 226 is too much, 80 is definitely not enough. The temps the card will get will be completely dependent on the effeciency of the waterblock on top of it and the load on the other side of it as well as the thickness of the cold plate. Too many variables to give a set temperature.

If you GFX card is insulated well it will not freeze up in any condition. If you are scared, however, you can buy a powersupply that can regulate the voltage so you can turn it up when you play games.

u sure 80w is not enough? what kinda temps would a 80w give me compared to a 172w? im currently at 34C idle, and 53C load on stock air.

Back