• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU WB Suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

I was thinking of getting the white water with the poly top but ive heard they crack, what would you guys recommend that would offer similar performance that doesnt have a polytop?

Circaflex said:
I was thinking of getting the white water with the poly top but ive heard they crack, what would you guys recommend that would offer similar performance that doesnt have a polytop?
If you can't the get the MCW6002, just buy the WW with the aluminum top.

BTW, I have a D-tek WW with metal barbs and a poly top and have had no problem with it. I've owned, and used, it since January so that's 10 monthes of solid 24/7 use and no problems. I've also had it apart twice and remounted it about 50 times.

i dont mean to thread jack but has that many people really had problems with cracking poly tops? i heard of a few cases with the whitewater and cascade.

a poll would be nice. :D

lithker said:
i dont mean to thread jack but has that many people really had problems with cracking poly tops? i heard of a few cases with the whitewater and cascade.

a poll would be nice. :D
The cascade is a special case... Cathar got a bad batch of poly.

Cyrix_2k said:
The cascade is a special case... Cathar got a bad batch of poly.

They continue to crack which is one of the reasons he switched to Delrin. He has some spares left and well will hand them on a case by case basis. There's some detailed threads on why poly cracks if you care to read into it more.

Brass or copper tops are the way to go for most of the other manufactors.

Back