• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RBX vs 6002

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

For my a64 cooling project,which is a better choice? I can get them both under 50(47 for RBX 45 for 6002) However the RBX is only poly top :( . I hear bad things about the poly tops although my socket A maze4 is a poly top and in the 2 months of use was great. Which one would provide the best performance. Also are the white waters any good?

I'll point out that for a given _average_ pump, the swiftech will almost always do better. Getting 2.5gpm out of the RBX will require some serious pumping power, which will only require more rads etc.

At the end of the day, the 6002 is always the better choice.

One other thing I read recently in an older review of the RBX line...

The RBX for some odd reason is harder to get a 'true' mounting and harder once it is true'd to maintain. The reason for the problems is largely the 3 tube requirement which exerts more tortional force on the block than most double tube blocks.

Just for info, I do have the RBX. I use MasterKleer 3/4"OD-1/2"ID tubing and have had some problems with ever so slight block movement which resulted in higher temps until I corrected it. Nothing drastic, around 3-5C but still..it was annoying.

Lastly after reading about the problems with Poly tops that people have had...I would definitely lean towards non-poly topped blocks. Once the tubes are on it the block is barely visible so the 'eye candy' effect is extremely minimized unless you carry a mechanics mirror with you whenever you show someone your rig.

The RBX is a very nice block for performance but I would move to the 6002 or TDX in the Swiftech/DD lines. Given a choice I would probably actually move over to a Whitewater or Cascade but that goes without saying. I will be getting a 27' head pump so I will be able to take advantage of a high flow block like these types...just gotta figure out if I wanna keep messing with the RBX or not.

If you do go with an RBX...or for that matter for any block I would sincerely use the hot water 'shaping' option and heat your tubing via hot water until soft and pre-mold the curves to reduce as much tension as possible. It certainly helped me quite a bit when I finally did so.

The rbx is good for pumps that do not have that much head.

If you want raw performance and you have a decent pump get the MCW6000, it is made of all copper and has a nicely machine-lapped base. Not the case with the RBX.

Back