• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, E\$secure is corrupt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpapag

Everytime I log onto my comp it goes through scandisk, or chkdisk (not sure which one, but its the one where u have the option to stop it as it counts down to 5 by pressing any key) It then gives a list of unreadable sectors on the HD that cannont be read 15153, etc. Theres a long list of them! Once finished I get the message:

Log File Initialization Error, Drive E

The file E:\$Secure is corrupt and unreadable. Please run Chkdisk utility.
When I try to run norton disk doctor it says that norton disk doctor cannot obtain the physical information on hard drive 3, and is unable to check the partion of this drive. I assume that this is my SD card reader that is attached to my comp through USB? This error happend after I tried to transfer files from my SD card to my E: drive I deleted the folder on the E: drive and it still goes through the same process everytime I start it up! When I try to use the diagnose funtion, it prints out a log, but I can't find where it saves the damn log file in the Norton SystemWorks file. Everytime I try to run antivirus, it shuts down and reboots once it gets to the E: Drive.

Anyone know how to fix this without wiping out my E: Drive?

When I try to run Disk Defragmenter, it states that "Chkdsk is scedueled to run on volume E. Please run Chkdsk /f."

When I try and run Chkdsk /f it says that I cannot do it because the volume is in use by another process. THen it asks if I would like to scedule it for another time once the system restarts. After selecting yes, it then goes through the whole process again and I am right back where I started! Same problems as listed above. How do I fix this?!?!

Note that my partition E is on a seperate hard drive. My C and D partitions are on the other HD. OS XP is on drive C. Backing up E drive would take a long time. Over 100 GB of data on it.

Last edited:
Back