• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System restore on a different pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grimm003

My sisters computer is screwed. Infested with spyware registry errors. I don't have the windows CD here, but I have a system restore dvd of my pc, just after a clean install. Can I do the complete system restore on hers, and then install the correct drivers? I don't want to lose hers and end up with nothing, but we both have ASUS boards and Windows XP Pro.

Last edited:
Is it a ghost image or a system restore disk? If its a ghost image it should work. If its a system restore disk it might not since the sys restore uses the installation ID. They are likely to be different. Another issue is that if it is a system restore disk created through the MS utility and there is a virus on her computer it will likely remain.

If you ghost her computer you will erase all of her data. It should work though. S just save her improtand data on anothr drive or cd then ghost it and replace the data.

Back