• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best DVD burning Sofware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arinef

Like the title Says, whats the best DVD burning software?

I use nero and it doesnt always work well.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

well depends what you use it for. If it is to backup movies then ELBY CLONEDVD is the best for that. If it is to make movies then you could use Alcohol 120%

Backing up DVD's i use DVDShrink, its a great program, can be found a dvdrhelp.com , as far as burning, I use nero 6 and had never had problems, I have a Lite-on DVD+R btw

Everyone always recommends Nero but there are free Alternatives out there. I can't remember the one I use at home but it is spectacular.

thegreek said:
I second that.

yes me too. you can use better reencoding software but it takes much more time and does not look noticeably better.

dvd decryptor wins out for rippipng/burning in any case though

Asj69 said:
Dvd shrink with dvd decrypter both=freeware and they both are great.

I also agree. Combined with Nero, and you have yourself a unbeatable combo. Unless you plan on doing something other than backing up movies.

A link to those freeware ones would be nice, I would try them out. Most of the ones that I have tried want you to pay after 15 days.

I like nero becasue it converts to mpeg almost anything and it is easy to use, also does the job fast, that's for burning dvds that are in other fromat then mpeg

i like my dvdxcopy platinum, but good luck finding it. i've ordered nero6 to see if i like it better, since it's kinda hard to get support for the dvdxcopy since they got sued

I second Turd with cdburnerxp as I am trying to go mostly freeeware with most of my software and this works as well as nero did. I always had problems with nero 6 locking up on me.

i use dvddecryptor+clone dvd for backup's, and nero for data. never had a problem.

Back