• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a heater core to overclock my Barton 2500 mobil

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

philippmike

I am currently looking for a multipass style of heater core to overclock my 2500 mobil. It needs to have enough surface area to support two 120mm fans and needs to be copper as the water block will be.

I plan on using the following water block:

http://dangerden.com/mall2/more_block2.asp?fmmore=232

I do NOT plan on using a Heater core like this one because it is a single pass(scroll to the bottom of the page to see the double core):

http://dangerden.com/mall/Radiators/heatercore.asp

I found out that Multi pass radiators dissapate heat better than single pass ones.

Can someone who has already overclocked their 2500mobil with a multipass heater core please tell me what core they are using?

FYI...I also intend on using 1/2" tubing (8') and a pump that is either rated @370GPH or 500GPH

Any help is highly thanked!

Those DD heatercores are all dual pass heatercores, the single pass has the in at the top and the out at the bottom, so the water flows in through the top, goes straight down to the bottom, and exits, while dual pass has the water go in the top, go down to the bottom, and come back up to the top again, flowing in a U shape.

Perhaps I was wrong at explaining myself.
What I ment to say was that multipass cores are better at dissipating heat levels that are closer to ambient temps.
While singlepass cores are designed for temps of 50 - 150F over the ambient temp.

the multipass cores add more restriction as well. im just trying to say there is no easy answer. i say what ever has the most suface area for ur case would be best.

Glad you're doing research :D The thing is that single pass cores have less flow restriction and the same surface area, so the water moves through faster (more flow), and that brings lower temps.

that is expensive for the VIA 1300,ive heard them selling for $12,and btw those pumps arent the best quality (some say last a few months) but at $15 +/- i think its easy on the pocket to replace. Also GPH isnt everything, head' is more important

philippmike said:
Ok...I'm going to let out my little secret. I found a link through procooling.com to a sight that sells pumps for dirt cheap!

http://www.graystonecreations.com/acc.htm

On this sight you can get a 370GPH inline pump for $19.99 Holy @*#&!
Yep, the Aqua 1300. Ok, that's NOT a pressure rated pump, it's a circulation pump, and many people use it for WC'ing. However, it's with this kind of pump you'll see a real benefit when using a single pass core. Remember, that's 370 gph without restriction...

The block you picked is problematic with the AMDXP processors. If you want a DD block, get the TDX. I have a 77 Bonneville AC heater core from NAPA. You need a higher head pump with the TDK and this HC. I used a Mag 3 in my setup but switched to a DD D4, because I wanted to use the Mag 3 in another setup. Both pumps held the same temps. At 2.0V I get loads temps of 39-40C using the NF7 sensors and MBM.

Back