• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about new revisions of Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poohbear

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey all,

i noticed in the newer revisions of prime95 that when torture testing it gives u 3 options for torture testing; of relevance is the default "blended" test which tests a lil bit of everything and states it tests "alot of ram", and the "small ffts" test which states "maximum fpu stress". There's also the heat and power consumption test but i'm not sure if that's what i'd be looking at for cpu & fsb testing.

Now, w/ the fpu being the part of the cpu that does all the math calculations, when overclocking is that the part of the cpu that may crash? Should i therefore pick "maximum fpu stress" if i'm testing for cpu stability and "blended" test if i'm testing ram and fsb? I tested on "blended" for 14 hr and it still stated "test 1" albeit there were 3 "test 1" 's, the final one stating "8k passed!". After i stoped it, p95 did'nt state the time it tested for, just "execution halted". Is that all blended does? are each of the test 1's really elaborate tests? will i ever see test 2?!?

Any clarification would be appreciated as i've been using the older versions that never gave said options when torture testing and performed 1000's of tests. Thanks in advance for any feedback.:)

i think the answer to all of your questions is yes. it sounded like you have things figured out. i dont know when test 2 comes around either ;)

Back