• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

run hl/cs without registry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x3lda

ok...here's my dilemma...all the schools in my township has a really tight domain policy restricting access to the registry or easy security loops to the registry which got closed last year. Right now, running hl.exe doesn't do anything since the application can't access the registry and immediately closes itself. It doesn't even give me the cd key dialog since it can't get to the registry. I need a way to put the required registry files into a file so the and direct the application to the file so hl.exe can get the info it needs to start. HLDS and HLTV runs fine since they are not registry bound...Any help guys? application compatibility is locked and so is the user management permissions in compmgmt.msc. any other exploit or something that i can use to run this file. if there is any software that simulates a registry shell for hl.exe, please tell me.
any other help appreciated.

No offense, but this is the reason why security features and restrictions are there in the first place. If the schools wanted software other than what is installed on their machines, they would put it there or allow it to be put there.

Altering privately-owned secure systems can bring legal action. We've had members face prosecution for just putting SETI/Folding@Home on secure systems.

This won't be discussed further. Play games at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back