• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idea's For My NEW SYStem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azandman

Hello Everyone,

Kinda new to this Over clocking thing, however I have been hearing a lot about it, and now I have some cash to play around with, I want to try it. I m getting a P4/ HT 3.4 w/ 1 mb cashe, 1 gig of ddr2 Ram, 2x 74 gig 10,000rpm drives raided to 0, and as soon as it comes out the NVIDIA 6800 w/ 256 MB 16x pci express video card. My planes to cool down the CPU and GPU would be “The Aquagate Liquid Cooling System” by Cooler Master.

Link: http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p..._serial=ALC-U01&other_title=+ALC-U01+Aquagate

Questions:

Is this Liquid cooler any good?
Could I compromise my system by adding a 2’nd radiator between the Aquagate and CPU? Could I connect a Peltier to the added radiator to help cool it down?

Since I am adding a Water block to the GPU, Should I have the hose go from the AQUAGATE, to the CPU, Then the GPU, and Finally back to the Aquagate? See Image:

Any and all comments Greatly Appreciated

Thank You

Aaron
[email protected]

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 100
I think you should do some more research before buying a watercooling system.
Your going to have a nice system there, and I would hate to see you waste money on the mediocre aquagate.

BTW, do you really need ddr2 memory? what mobo are you getting? LGA?

The forums lost my previous most... :temper:

I agree with sen. Custom build you water cooling system. It's less money and better performance, plus you get the pride of doing it yourself.

Also, I believe that DDR2 is slower than good DDR1 due to the high latencies of DDR2...

Its "ABIT "AA8-DuraMAX" i925X Chipset Motherboard for Intel LGA775 CPU"

What Cooling SYS would You recomend?

ok any recomendations on where to buy the stuff? does it matter?

Is there a particular place to place in the case?

and in your opinion will the Peltier idea work if i put a heat sink and fan at the heating end of it???

Azandman said:
ok any recomendations on where to buy the stuff? does it matter?

Is there a particular place to place in the case?

and in your opinion will the Peltier idea work if i put a heat sink and fan at the heating end of it???
The rad you get at Napa autoparts or a similar place. D-tekcustoms.com sells the Aquaextreme 50z and the tubing, and swiftnets.com sells the CPU block and they also sell GPU blocks.

The rad can go anywhere you have room. You may have to mod you case some though (or build an external box).

If you pelt anything, do the cpu. In this case you'll want a DD Maze4-1 block and a coldplate. However, pelts are extremely ineffecient so I don't recommend using them.

::edit:: What case are you going to use?

Well it's a car heater-core so that's why they sell it ;) How big of a rad are you looking for... The one I recommended holds 2 120mm fans side by side.

Last edited:
Ya custom all the way. Do you want to W/C your video card, or are you just going for your cpu. A single 120mm chevey core would be fine for just a cpu, but with a modern gpu added you should get a dual 120mm core of some kind.

Back