• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIM popups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

AIM now has a wonderful feature where the ad that sits at the top of your buddy list will open a pop-up whenever you bring your mouse over it. even accidental trespassing on the horrid ad makes it pop-up. in IE no less.

does anyone have any solutions to this feature? i have tried using GAIM, but i wasnt impressed and ended up going back to AIM.

Last edited:
do you have version 5.9?

the ad says something like mouseover here to see the Top 20 List or something. it seems to change between mouseover and click. so its not always like this

edit: heres the culprit

Attachments

• mouseover.JPG
    mouseover.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Yes, Im using the Trillian Alpha 3.0 Free Version and its alot better than the .74 version and definately alot better than aim.

thanks for the advice, i might give trillian a whirl, but in the mean-time, a member pm'ed me a solution that seems to do the job

http://aftermath.dyndns.org:8888/~aimadhack/

many thanks to him. he thought posting this info might violate some rules, but i couldnt figure out anything wrong with it. so if it is bad, Ill go down with it. ;)

I just edited the registry of the program and put in my own image. I used resHack, don't remember exactly what I did though. Wasn't too tough, just google it.

sunrunner20 said:
Do you use mozilla and have ~15 tabs of ocforums open at the same time and then refresh them all simulatainasly(spelling)?
No. I use Internet Explorer.

buddylistad.gif

See.... No ad, just a volcom logo I made :)

Go to aim 5.2.3292. IMO it is by far the best AIM. It has the option to get around the firewall just like in AIM 5.1 and up, as well as some other stuff thats useless, such as AIM Expressions, but the BEST feature is it allows you to click don't upgrade and it never asks you again. How could you lose? If I didn't have a firewall though I'd definately go down to a lower version though.

Back