• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments on my soon to be setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironmanstl

Registered
I will be using an old ups box I have to house an external water cooling setup with the rad on top with fans pushing out..

Would it be a bad idea to put some sort of quik connects to seperate my unit from my computer?

I am lookign at using the following components:

Swiftech 5.25" BayRes Resevoir
Swiftech MCW50 w/6800 adapter
MCW6002
MCP650 OR MCP600
full size auto heater core w 2 105 cfm fans

I am still torn between the 650 and the 600.
From what I have read the 600 performs almost the same as the 650, but is much quieter. I, of course want the 650, but I am worried about the buzz.

Would the 650 be noticable over a full rpm 120mm Sanyo Denki?
Would my system really be quite a bit warmer with the 600 over the 650?

Any input/suggestions on the pump and setup would be appreciated,

thanx
Iron

get the AquaExtreme if you are concerned about noise. It was found that the MCP650 is noisy because of bad design in the motor, where the pulses used to drive the impeller are square waves and thus generate far more noise than conventional motors.

Even with the D4 being "muffled", it still manages to be louder than many WC pumps out there. Go figure.

You're much better with an AquaExtreme. And if the performance of 1 does not suffice (usually it does), you can always run another in series.

Back