• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need urgent advice - failed leak test or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zetto

OK, I got me a watercooling setup:
D4 pump (from DD)
TDX waterblock
8' tygon 7/16"ID
DD PolyRes (the new one)
Heatercore with Swiftech's radbox (hanging outside the case)

SO I assembled it, leak tested it for like 2 days (second day on and off). No leaks appear on the paper towels I put under each joint and fitting. However, after I assembled the thing, put all the parts in, mounted the waterblock, there were a few drops of colored water on my table on which I assembled the comp. I know I didn't bring any water there, so it's got to be from the loop (I guess).

I dunno what to think. While I was leak-testing, the setup was in upright position (it's a minitower) and when I started putting things inside, I did put the tower on a side (of course I powered off the thing before doing that). So I put the things together and set it upright again and move the computer to another location. After I hook it up and run it - btw, lost 10c from my air cooling (SP94) and then I find that "pool" of water on my work table. What do u guys think? was that just a little spill from the res inlet? or was that a leak? The quantity of water I found was very miniscule, and now when I checked all the fittings in the assembled comp, they all appear to be dry. I need advice on what to do... Leak-testing it again is a pain in the arse....

Thanks!

its a pain but u knoe whtz even more painful FRYING YOUR COMP !!!!! take NO CHANCE leak test again and as acuartley as possible .... as soon id seen some water on my desk id run and start un screwing .

Thanks for advice :D I guess that's what I'll have to do. Just was hoping that there are some contingencies that might explain this. I ran the comp for a while and it was ok. I didn't find any water inside my case so far. Oh well, back to the assembly table it goes :(

Ahh, finally found it. It was the fill port on top of the res, leaking a little bit. THe cap on it is very lame, small and with just an O-ring as a seal. I added thread compound, hope it's hold it from now on.

I wonder, someone else with DD high-density poly res has similar problems with the fill port? What do u guys do to stop it from leaking? I am lucky its on top of the loop but what if it's not enough?

thats the problems with a res, t-lines are better and they are much cheaper. If its not a problem, dont use the res and just use a t-line.

ModdingXtremist said:
thats the problems with a res, t-lines are better and they are much cheaper. If its not a problem, dont use the res and just use a t-line.

spoken like one who has never water cooled before

Back