• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying an Asetek Anartica Poly Top!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zyl

Registered
You know the block, its the Asetek Anartica rated above the whitewater, the rbx, heck even OC.com calculated it to be the 2nd best block on the market. However, since purchasing this amazing waterblock i've noticed a problem with their design. Those "Easy push in fittings" for the tubes...not to mention the 3/8 ID tubing...the push in fittings you have to push and tug and push and tug so many times just to make sure it finally doesn't leak. And then you install the block and it starts to drip drop drip drop because now its in a different position, so more tugging! I finally got tired of that and seening how I had ordered an extra polytop lid...I did this to it!

will post pictures shortly.... pls tell me if the jb weld will work this way also...because i think i applied it incorrectly....but i certainly have enough on there now...<g>

even with all that said, using the push in fittings and everything, i'd gone onto http://www.benchtest.com/calc.html to figure out my wattage of my processor and calculated the C/W of my waterblock its already at .11 C/W.
do you think increasing the tube size to match with the rest of all my 1/2" ID tubing be a good idea and will the JB Weld hold...

here are the pics btw

Attachments

• Asetek Anartica Mod.JPG
    Asetek Anartica Mod.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 127
Here's another pic from the top....

Attachments

• Asetek Anartica Mod pic2.JPG
    Asetek Anartica Mod pic2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 129
and finally, the black metal JB Weld tube applied on top....please someone help with some answers :)

Attachments

• Asetek Anartica Mod pic3.JPG
    Asetek Anartica Mod pic3.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 129
This is a pic of the original asetek lid, it made a good experimental lid to find the right barbs...:)

Attachments

• Asetek Anartica Mod pic4.JPG
    Asetek Anartica Mod pic4.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 122
Well, that didn't work too well, the letting the two mix themselves....seems it just settled and would drip around....so i had to wipe it all off, yay that was a fun time...sigh... but! did it the right way this time, 50/50 mixture on some plastic i had around, and then spread around the barbs, i left whatever was in the air pockets since i figured it wouldn't hurt then the 50/50 on top, which amazingly started to cure in 4mins like it said it would...hehe well now for the 4hr wait for it to fully cure, here's how it lookss now!

Attachments

• Finally.JPG
    Finally.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 110
and here's one more from the top, wow it looks so much neater then before...

Attachments

• Finallytopview.JPG
    Finallytopview.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 108
Does it still leak tho? It does look a lot cleaner than before. Also sry to be off topic a bit but in your sig you have a xp mobile @ 2.1volts? Is that safe or am I reading that wrong?

well, just got done installing the new lid, seems to flow VERY nicely now with the wider tubes, however had to switch video cards for now....longssssssssss story... well yeah i'm running 2.1volts but its under water and since i just reset waterblock i put a temp sensor right next to the core, its reading 44c at full load so i'm thinking thats pretty good.

Back