• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cassettes to CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

I want to transfer my old cassettes to CD format. What is the process? record to HDD first and then burn to CD? is there software that will do this for me?

TIA

If you have Nero 6.X you already have everything you need. Use Nero Wave Editor to record from the Line-In signal of your soundcard then burn a Audio CD with Nero Burning Rom.

No it is not illegal as he owns the music and therefore is allowed to make backup copies if it. He just cant share it...that is whats illegal..:)

What else am I gonna do with all my tapes? have you seen a modern car with a tape deck recently?

As have I.

In fact, I've also seen not only factory parts with both a CD and cassette in the same unit, but aftermarket ones as well.

But, they're pretty expensive, too. :(

I'm kind of in the same boat. I had my current car ('94 Bonneville) for a short time, when fate decided to put me in a Pontiac dealer swinging wrenches for a while.

While there, I made a bit of a side deal with the used car manager there, and swapped out my factory radio w/ cassette, for one out of a auction bound car with a good working factory CD player. Straight swap.

But now, I too have boxes full of cassettes I haven't been able to use (in the car, at least) in a few years now...

I'm kinda surprised some enterprising fellow hasn't designed a unit to fit in a CD-ROM bay of your PC, that plays cassettes. Not a whole radio (although they could certainly build that in too), just a tape deck. Kraco (among others) used to build these little under-the-dash add on units twenty years ago so you could play cassettes on the old AM/FM car radios. These were smaller in size than a PC optical drive is.... They ran on 12V, just like a PC uses.

Heck...make a PC 8-Track player too...for us real old fogies. :p

Back