• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Watercooling Purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well ive revised my setup so many times but i think i just found the perfect setup for my needs. Im going tp put this in a Coolermaster Stacker, used to be a Lian-Li PC-75 but im going to run dual PSUs so the stacker wins. Is there anything that conflicts with each other, or is just wrong?

Case: Coolermaster Stacker - $157.00

CPU Block: White-Water Block - $54.99

GPU Block: Cyclone Fusion HL V1.02 From Silverprop - $60.65 + OCZ Copper BGA Ramsink - $13.99

Pump: Danger Den DD12V-D4 - $74.99

Radiator: Double Heater Core with Shroud - $49.99 + Extra Shroud - $15.95

Reservoir: Danger Den Fill Port - $11.95

Fan: Sanyo Denki 12VDC .52Amp Brushless DC San Ace Muffin Fans, Model 109R1212H101 – $4.99 (4x)

Hose: 10 Feet 7/16 ID Tubing – $0.36 per foot #5233K44

Hose Clamps: Metal Zip Ties

Fluid: ?? What should i get?

Now my next question is, Ive heard after so many feet the 7/16 tubing is bad and i should just go with regular 1/2 ID. I doubt ill even use 10 feet in my case seeing how i have no res anymore. Would this tubing work? And would the push/pull be best for the heatercore? Or just 2 fans? Right now i have my mind set on a push/pull unless its pointless/stupid. Thanks guys.

Many people find that the benifits from push/pull arent enough to justify the extra noise(and expense and size are also factors to consider).

You wont see a performance diff between 1/2 and 7/16.

Enjoy WCing ;)

i heard that a res is not that good because it restricts flow and the fill-port cap can leak easily, the other option would be a t-line but tht problem with them is that they are hard to fill.

For the mixture most people have 10% antifreeze, 90% distilled water.

I use fluid XP+ with a little bit of Deep Blue dye from Wildfire FX. Fluid XP is non-conductive, anti-corrosive and biocidal. They say you can run it for 3 years without breaking your system down and cleaning it. It's expensive though, so if money is a factor, you'll get better results out of distilled water with 10% antifreeze. In fact, you'll get slightly lower temps from water, but personally I find the low maintainence and non-conductivity of Fluid XP worth a half a degree temp rise.

I personally used in my system distilled water and about 15% antifreeze mixture. The stuff works extremely well at killing any kind of algae growths in the tubing. Ive been running mine flawlessly for six months now and have not noticed any problems whatsoever. Also, for effect I added a few drops of green UV dye and 2 blacklight.. it looks awesome at night :D

circaflex, just a quick question, where are u willing to purchase ur items from?
i think im gonna buy the same combination as u :p i posted about needing a good cooling system for under 200, this seems good enough...

can u tell me where u will order from??
thx

looks good im sure shipping is going to cost u a few bucks as well i would budget that in too. one word of caution, zerex will cause ur tubes to get cloudy in a few months.

if ur running 1/2" barbs on every thing u may want to consider 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) tubing

Last edited:
if zerex might cause cloudy tubing would distilled water + antifreeze + some uv dye be better? Or could i get away with distilled water + blue antifreeze and still have some good looks? Im not sure if im even going to get a black light, maybe just a blue one, so the UV dye would be pointless.

anybody? What would be the best mixture, could i get away with just antifreeze + distilled water? or do i also need to add some zerex or hydrex or whatever

Hydrx/zerex/water wetter, etc, are all made up of antifreeze, you can look in the contents and it will tell you. So antifreeze + distilled should be fine, infact thats what most people run. If you wanted some color, just get some UV dye and put a little of that in there as well. Hydrx also gives you UV built in, but the rest is just green antifreeze, so it would be exactly the same. So antifreeze + distilled + UV dye should work great.

what kinda antifreeze comes in blue? UV would be pointless i only have a cold cathode and im not going to purchase a backlight just for the glow, id rather have my blue light plus just some blue antifreeze. I heard VW is blue? But i cant remember

Back