• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System freezing during LAN upload

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rav

Ever since I installed XP on my dual AMD MPX system I've been having a problem uploading files on the LAN, the system will hard freeze after a certain ammount of data is transmitted. It happens if I'm copying the file from that system to another initiated at either end. Its not a cumlative total since boot up, only with large files, and also happens when streaming large files. I had no problems at all under Windows 2000, so I'm treating this as an XP software problem. I'm using the on board Intel 100 Pro adapter with latest intel driver. XP is SP2 with firewall off, NAV 2005 installed. Thanks for any help.

-Rav

Try uninstalling NAV2005. My brother had some conflicts his LAN until he uninstalled NAV2005.

I had that problem with sp2 using a giga net adapter from microsoft. It would just reboot and give me a memory dump for fast uploads. I tried all the drivers that were available, and it didn't help. So I went back to SP1, and I haen't had the problem in months.

Back