• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP1 or 1a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Golitech

North Vancouver, B.C. Canada *Proud of it*
Is it possible to install service pack 1 or 1a after service pack 2 has been installed?
Would I have to reinstall windows?

The reason why I ask is that after installing sp2, every time I try to access any office stuff(excel, word, power point...), it tries to install it and then tells me "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patches" and the only option it gives me is pressing "OK" and that's it. I didn't have this problem with SP1 or 1a. Can anyone give me some suggestions of what I could do?

Cheers
Goli

Has anyone else had trouble with Office XP ever since installing Service Pack 2? This is driving me nuts.
I went to uninstall SP2 and it showed me a list of programs that might not work if I uninstall it. Would they work again if I did uninstall SP2 and reinstalled SP1 or 1a?

Has anyone else had trouble with Office XP ever since installing Service Pack 2? This is driving me nuts.
I went to uninstall SP2 and it showed me a list of programs that might not work if I uninstall it. Would they work again if I did uninstall SP2 and reinstalled SP1 or 1a?

All you need to do is a repair on your office install, and that should do the trick for you.

I have 2 PC's on SP2 which did not have the issue.

You got this message when you tried reinstalling what - office or SP2? Did you uninstall SP2 then try to repair Office? If not, do that.

Is this a friends computer who may be using software he obtained from the internet?

Last edited:
I got that message when I tried to install Office XP. I was going to uninstall SP2, but when I started it gave me a list of programs that might not work if I were to continue.

Would these programs work again after I reinstall SP1 or 1a, or would I have to reinstall all the programs that it listed?

Back