• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot does your pump get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knivez

My laing, gets really friggin hot. I hold my hand on it for a second and it nearly burns me. Im still happy with my temps, but am wondering how hot your guys pumps get.

As long as the rad fans are going my Mag 3 just stays warm to the touch. During bleeding with no fans on the rad going, it got fairly hot.

lithker said:
the pump in my sig (mcp600 clone) just gets a little warm

Same pump, gets warmer than 'a little warm'. Wouldn't say it gets hot, but it gets quite warm.

gingo said:
Same pump, gets warmer than 'a little warm'. Wouldn't say it gets hot, but it gets quite warm.
i was thinking about how i have my sytem setup with the rad fans blowing over it so ur prob right.

The heat output of a pump depends on its power, for the most part. It would perhaps be more interesting to compare similar models from different brands.

Anyway, my Eheim 1250 gets warm, but nothing terrible. The Eheim 1046 that is currently bleeding another little system (with no moving fan) is barely above room temperature. Makes sense. :)

again eheim 1048, it's just a little bit warm but nothing worth mentioning...

my mcp600 gets fairly warm but I don't worry about it because its not really hot. As mentioned earlier during filling and bleeding when a lot of air bubbles are running through it it was much hotter.

Back