• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to move to water cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obiwan

Registered
Here is my current setup.

P4 3.0 530 @ 3.46 w Asus AI
Swiftech MCX775-V Tornado 92mm
2 gig of Kingston DDR pc 3200
2 Western Digital Raptor 74 gb
Asus P5gdc
Gainward PCX 5900 128
Thermaltake Tsunami clear side
400w psu
Sony DRU-700A DVD

I'm not happy with my air cooling and would like to move to water.
I know very little about water cooling and would like to buy a complete setup.
I have $300 to spend and have 2 double size server cases coming so room wont be a problem.
The main thing is reliability "spelling?" I dont want the cheap stuff. It has to be somthing i dont have to fiddle with once a week and leak free!!!.
Second I need to get my temps down!!! I have had 3 different heatsinks in the last 2 mo and i'm not thrilled with any of them. So far the current is the best but is still lacking.

Give me some ideas!! I would like to by a complete matched setup from somone like frozen or other?
I'm looking for somthing that i dont have to mix and match just by the whole thing as a kit, follow the instructions and go

TIA
Obiwan :D

Last edited:
You should go with a 1/2" compatable waterblock and a pump. There a lot of pumps out there and its a matter of personnal choice to which one to buy.
The Ehiem pump and very good and silent.
The danger den pump is powerfull but it makea an annoying whining noise; its just a choice of personnal preference.
Also read around the forum and some of the stickies.

Back