• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec Dragon 21" Full tower for WC project?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hey, do any of you WC guys use the Cheiftec Dragon full tower for your WC cooling?? If so post me up some pics as I am interested in getting one.

This is an old shot, looks different now, but this is my Dragon Mid-Tower with WC
DSC00261.jpg

A friend of mine owns Cheftec Dragon mid tower, with WC, and it's huge.
Full tower would be even bigger - way too big.

Ven0m said:
A friend of mine owns Cheftec Dragon mid tower, with WC, and it's huge.
Full tower would be even bigger - way too big.

Trust me a Full Tower is not too big. You can run out of room real fast in a case. No matter how big it is.

Have both a dragon and matrix (full tower) the dragon is really hard to cable manage to any great effect. Always end up with a clump around the PSU area... the matrix is GREAT though, its just soo damn big, can hide the cables everywhere :)
You shouldnt have problems getting water in the dragon tbh :)

I got a server case I am working on now that is liking having 2 dragon full towers side by side. This thing is HUGE! Luckily I have a found another server case, just a tad bit smaller that will be trading places with the first one. The larger case has allowed me to put 2 dual 120mm heatercores in it without any problems whatsoever.

Here's one I've got...need to put the ram back in it and fire it up again...

I've also got a pair of the true full tower Chief's (the 6 5.25" bay model). One of those is gonna get the same treatment as this, I think. ;)

Attachments

• A Dragon WC.jpg
    A Dragon WC.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3,280
Highlander said:
Have both a dragon and matrix (full tower) the dragon is really hard to cable manage to any great effect. Always end up with a clump around the PSU area... the matrix is GREAT though, its just soo damn big, can hide the cables everywhere :)
You shouldnt have problems getting water in the dragon tbh :)

With patience, and planning, wiring routing can be "clump free" ;)

A bit of origami with the ribbon cables helps, too. :p

Attachments

• Another Drangon WC.jpg
    Another Drangon WC.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,725
=ACID RAIN= said:
Matrix fulltower :D

Yup...that's the FULL tower. :p

I've got two of them beasties. Used to have my duallie (AMD XP1600+'s modded for SMP, running at MP2000+) in one, air cooled. I got temps almost as good as H20 on air in this case, using a pair of Vantec AeroFlows (the originals, not the 2nd design).

Man...that's a LONG reach with those hoses... :eek: What pump is that tucked in the drive bays?!?

Other dumb question....what's that object on the bottom, with the wires going to it? It looks like the leads from it go to the USB header on the board.... ??!??

The pump is a ViaAqua 1300, modded and silent running for at least a year. It's not the most powerful, but it gets the job done. Since this is my gaming rig, I only need one hard drive, one CD-RW (DVD-RW now that they are cheap as hell) and one LS120 for floppy/small backups, so the pump can stay up there. Out of sight and out of the way!

The header on the mobo is the SMBus, and that's a diode-reader I made for external temps ;). It's mounted on the empty PCI slots now, I'm trying to keep the bottom clear of electronics nowadays in case a leak should ever occur.

=ACID RAIN= said:
The pump is a ViaAqua 1300, modded and silent running for at least a year. It's not the most powerful, but it gets the job done. Since this is my gaming rig, I only need one hard drive, one CD-RW (DVD-RW now that they are cheap as hell) and one LS120 for floppy/small backups, so the pump can stay up there. Out of sight and out of the way!

The header on the mobo is the SMBus, and that's a diode-reader I made for external temps ;). It's mounted on the empty PCI slots now, I'm trying to keep the bottom clear of electronics nowadays in case a leak should ever occur.

AHHhh. Dat's whut dat thinga-ma-bob is. :p Yeah...moving that up off the floor might be a good idea, worst case scenario.

Hope that situation never happens to ya. ;) *knocks on wood* It never has for me.

Back