• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A WC system and my mid tower case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Imber

Registered
I ordered a new pc and i still have some spare money for a wc system.

Black Ice XtremeIII Radiator - 120$
Black Ice XtremeII Radiator - 102$
Copper TDX Block for Athlon64 754/939/940 - 53$
Hydor L35 - 53$
Eheim 1250 - 60$
Danger Den Bay Reservoir High-Density Polyethylene - 18$
Tygon 3603 Tubing - 5$

I dont know what to choose when it comes to the 2 radiators and the pumps. (i hope youll help me :santa2: ) .

The biggest problem is that i have a Mid tower case

The raidmax cobra
imageview.php

there are more pics here http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/raidmaxcobra/ , and details.

My question is , Can I install my WC system on my current case , or should I buy a full tower case?
BUT if i will buy a new case i wont have the money for a wc system and i will have to wait couple of months till i will get it back.
(I dont work i just saved my money for it :D )

Thanks

I can drill and put the radiator on the roof panel...
And swiftech waterblock is damn expensive..80$

andyl33t said:
what is better a heatercore or a rad?

In most cases a heatercore because they are less restrictive. I think Thermochill's rads are about the same performance as a equal sized heatercore though.

Imber, I don't know where you got the impression that Swiftech blocks are $80. The Swiftech block in particular that we are talking about is the MCW-6002. It can be had for $40-$50, and it performs as well as the D-tek White Water in most setups. To let you know, the White Water out performs the TDX. The TDX only comes out even with the #5 nozzle and a big pump.

Anyways, you could fit the BIX II in the top of the case squeezed between the 5.25" drive bays. You would have to cut 2 120mm blow holes in the top.

Back