• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows User Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I have a problem. Everytime my computer starts up it automatically logs into the Administrator. All my applications and stuff is under a different user, which has all the administrator functions. How do I set it up so that windows loads up into my other user account instead of the Administrator?

disable the automatically log in as administrator option.. which OS are you using cause this option is in different places from one OS to the next...

u need to grant the other user account which the programs are under administrator permissions and then it will by default log in to this account since I am assuming there are only the all users and guest accts besides the true administrator accounts on this machine... just grant the user u are wanting to u adminstrator privlages and see what that does for you.. hope this helps/...

if you have Tweak UI for xp installed- which i recommend you do, then you can access this option with it. Logon - Autologon. there are also several other handy options in Control Panel - User Accounts that you may want to check out with regards to logon options.

I would think putting a password on the administrator account would help as well?

Back