• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It Busted.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lotec25

Hey,

Well last night Playing HL2 and there it went my gold old Via Aqua pump. Looks like the shaft broke. But thanks to my Great Wife she all ready thought ahead and had me one here a Mag 3, Pictures to come. If you look on the second Picture you can see where the end is black. That is wear it went to Crap at.

Now for the question, The Mag is quiet a bit louder is there a mod to it. It seams to be comeing from the propeller end it is not loud but i can hear it running.

Lotec25

Attachments

• 102_0280.JPG
    102_0280.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 102_0281.JPG
    102_0281.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 102_0282.JPG
    102_0282.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 143
I wish I someday will have a wife who will not only support my computer addiction but buy me things for it.

Good luck with the mag.
Make sure you seal the impeller housing.

Housing is not leaking ran it for 2 hours last night. Just cant figure the noise out. And thanks for the comment ill tell her. She will like that one.

Lotec25

Set the Mag3 on a piece of 1.5 to 2 inch thick foam. All the noise will go away. I have one, and once all the air was out of the system, with it sitting on the foam, you cannot hear it from 5 feet with the case open. Love mine. I sealed the front of it anyway, just to be safe.

God I havent been here in a while.. and how I missed it so!! A true OCer can never outlive the addiction :D anyways, Im curious.. how long did this pump last ya for? I was thinking about getting this one because of the very very low price but decided to go with an mcp600 instead.. been running fine 24/7 for about six months now and quiet too

I bought the pump in march. It ran all the time except for when i left for a weekend or was on on for an extended period of time. It was preety much on all the time. So about 9 months. I will not buy another one. Yes it was cheap but if i only get 9 months out of it and have to buy a new one it is just like buying the mag. I actually like the pump over at D-tek. I am just waiting for someone to try it out first. Small and looks preety powerfull. http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140. So if someone try's this out make a post i want to see.

Lotec25

C Systems pumps

Lotec25 said:
I bought the pump in march. It ran all the time except for when i left for a weekend or was on on for an extended period of time. It was preety much on all the time. So about 9 months. I will not buy another one. Yes it was cheap but if i only get 9 months out of it and have to buy a new one it is just like buying the mag. I actually like the pump over at D-tek. I am just waiting for someone to try it out first. Small and looks preety powerfull. http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140. So if someone try's this out make a post i want to see.

Lotec25

The jury is still out on that pump. Too much aluminum in it for my liking, anodized or not. Should be noryl, nylon or something other than aluminum. Laing has a new pump out smaller than the C Systems, and Swiftech is selling it under their name as a MCP350. Looks very promising, and has the Laing quality behind it. Go here to read about it.

my mag3 was pretty loud when I first got it. Mine didnt seem to leak after running it over night. There was a VERY slight leak though, caused a single bead of water to form by the seal after like 12hours. I sealed it up with the blue RTV sealent and it fixed it fine, dont even really consider that a mod, more like lubrication :D
Anyways after doing the mod and letting a simple loop w/ T line bleed for 2 days it was considerably quieter when no bubbles at all were present. That thing is very powerful though, way too much for my needs and put too much heat into my loop.
I have it as a backup pump now and use it to pressure test components :D

edit---

Oh yeah, the wife buying a pump for a guys computer thing... one of the tightest things Ive heard in years, lucky guy...

Lotec25 said:
Hey,

Well last night Playing HL2 and there it went my gold old Via Aqua pump. Looks like the shaft broke. But thanks to my Great Wife she all ready thought ahead and had me one here a Mag 3, Pictures to come.

I only get looks (like this --> :-/ ) when something breaks on me. The wife wants the money for her stuff first. Well, Ok-shes worth it for me, she doesn't complain too much about all the computers I have.
But to get a new part, I literally have to save my lunch money. ;)

I have a Mag 3, and i love it but...

If you don't seal it, keep an eye on it. I had the 'one-bead-leak' problem as well after about 6 months. Super easy to fix though.

Great pump.

thanks for the replies i am sure my wife will enjoy reading this. I was amazed she got it for me to.

So far no leakes, and the noise is going away i think it is just some air in the lines. And now you guys are makeing me think i guess ill be putting some silicone on it tonight when i get home from work. You guys just run it along the outside of the housing right? Where the screws go into the housing? I was really amazed how easy it was to install the mag took me 2 days to get the Via Aqua sealed so it did not leak. Front housing leaked leaked around the barbs. I put thread tape on the threads screwed the fittings on and that was it. Ill take some pictures of it tonight when i add the sealeant to it.

Lotec25

ghettocomp said:
I only get looks (like this --> :-/ ) when something breaks on me. The wife wants the money for her stuff first. Well, Ok-shes worth it for me, she doesn't complain too much about all the computers I have.
But to get a new part, I literally have to save my lunch money. ;)

Haha! I thought it was just me :clap:
Funny thing is, I'm the one with the job, she's in grad school :rolleyes:

Back