• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Buying Cooling System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tamz273

Registered
hey guys...

i have just hit a wall overclocking my CPU, its a 2.8, got it to 3.4 with stock volts on CPU, and ram running at 2.7 just cuz its bad ram...

i have decided to buy a watercooling system, wiht a budget of 200$

i saw the corsair 200 but i was told that i can get better more efficient ones if i put my own together, rather than buying a kit...

so, wat would u guys recommend i get for 200$? i need all components with JUST a P4 block for now, no need for AGP block...

can u help me out please? links? names? thanx!

of course ur gonna need the coolants, tubing, fans etc. But that wont come in too expensive.

I would agree on a t-line because it is inexpensive, although it has downsides like being harder to fill that a res but it has beter water flow.

To add a lil bit to what Voodoo said...

The pump is on sale for $70.95 at www.voyeurmods.com now.

You can use a '77 Pontiac Boneville Heater Core from Autozone for about $18
You will need to make a DIY shroud but thats pretty danged easy and can be made out of sheet metal, re-enforced cardboard, acryllic, or even the correct sized tupperware works. If you dont mind DIY then it saves ya $20, if not the Dtek is great as well.

I would definitely go with the T-line with a fillport as well. Dangerden puts out a nice one for around $11 (that price is from www.voyeurmods.com) which gives a nice permanent finished look to the setup or you can fab one yourself with a simple barbed to threaded fitting with a cap from your local hardware store for around $3.

Back