• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DC Pump-Danger Den DDC-12V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's hope that the second generation of Laing WC pumps are not as loud as the first (hint: D4).

Eh, I'd rather get the mcp650. Ill take my 10ft of head at 320 gph rather than 13ft of head at 100 gph. Or am I totally wrong here? I don't know much but isn't that a really small amount of pressure?

Viper2004 said:
Eh, I'd rather get the mcp650. Ill take my 10ft of head at 320 gph rather than 13ft of head at 100 gph. Or am I totally wrong here? I don't know much but isn't that a really small amount of pressure?
No, the MCP350 has more pressure... 13ft versus 10 feet for the D4. It is the max flowrate at 0 head where the D4 wins, but alas, in an H20 loop that never matters. I would venture to say the MCP350 would probably do better overall than a D4... less heat output and probably = or more flow with a restrictive block.

3/8" hose doesn't make it as attrative for me. Anyway I have two D4's now and happy with their output and performance.

Ah, alright so I would be better off just going with this and making some sort of 1/2 to 3/8 adapter to put on the pump? One of the other great parts about this pump is the 24db rating :burn:

Viper2004 said:
Ah, alright so I would be better off just going with this and making some sort of 1/2 to 3/8 adapter to put on the pump? One of the other great parts about this pump is the 24db rating :burn:
If you already have the D4 I wouldnt sweat it... but the 350 looks very interesting.

Nah, I'll be watercooling right after christmas when I have the funds. I'll have a CM stacker case before then so I'll be good for space. I purchased Mr B's cooling cube, so I'll end up making a custom piece so that I can fit it in the front of the case. My brother will be getting a digital camera so I'll be posting pics of everything. I can't wait :attn:

Thought this pump would be a nice one to add to my system now, i'm running a mcp600 and cooling cpu, northbridge, and video card with it, was thinking of running a dual loop for the northbridge and video, this might be a nice small pump to use for that, i've stayed away from the mcp650 because of the noise.
I really don't mind the 3/8" size, i'm running 1/2" now, but really don't know how much it is really helping, I could still run 1/2" and just reduce it close to the pump, not a big issue. Temps are very difficult to measure :)

I also am wondering which to get, as I am getting a stacker for christmas, probably using a 2-342 heatercore, maybe a Weapon modded core and CNC shroud with 2 Sanyo 120mm fans. I will just wait to see what people think of this pump until that time.

I like this a lot. Pump with that much head combined with the minimal performance degredation from 3/8" tubing makes it very nice to me. Low noise, compact, all good stuff. Perhaps even an SFF H2O pump?

Voodoo Rufus said:
I like this a lot. Pump with that much head combined with the minimal performance degredation from 3/8" tubing makes it very nice to me. Low noise, compact, all good stuff. Perhaps even an SFF H2O pump?
the the rad box, or an external rad, thats easy with this sucker

Ya, this looks like a perfect pump for a GPU/NB/whatever else loop. Not as hot as the cpu loop, so the 3/8 really doesnt matter, and it's easier to plumb.

Zac42 said:
Ya, this looks like a perfect pump for a GPU/NB/whatever else loop. Not as hot as the cpu loop, so the 3/8 really doesnt matter, and it's easier to plumb.

I beg to differ.. My CPU runs at lower temp than GPU does (6800GT and P4 3.0c) :D

jamesavery22 said:
Now Im no audiophile and Ive never used cooledit pro for anything past editing mp3s so the thread Im linking is greek to me but maybe it can help you :D

ProCooling Forum Thread

Woops wrong link: http://www.cooling-masters.com/articles.php?id=22&page=0DD4 review in French

That is one of the most complete real world wright ups that I have seen. :clap:

It tests the DDC against DD4 the Eheim 1046 and 1048 The DDC come out on top except for a slight loss of flow to the DD4. They tested in a high restritive and low restritive system and measured sound on a foam pad. The most interesting this is that it was as quiet if not more quiet than the Eheims and pumped far more! They had a sound clip if you are interested. It was far quieter than the DD4. I only wish they compaired it to an Eheim 1050 which should have done better than the 1046 and 48. The charts are easy to read if nothing else. I did not understand the heat output calks but it appears from the callks that heat generated should be much less than the DD4. This article has me reexamining my decison to get a Eheim 1050.

Last edited:
Back