• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump stackin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakeboardin_411

i'd did alot of research on w/c b4 entering the game(will in a few weeks)and rite now i'm planing on setting my system up with the lowest possible resitance flow(blocks, rad, and all) so i can take a pump like the via aqua 1300 and run it thur as fast as possible. anyways i was lookin at my pump and thinking what is a good head anyways 6 ft? and if not would u stack pumps or put one before rad and one after(possible reheating water) anyways questions here are
what is a good head rating?
Pump stacking or 2 pumps b4 and after rad
thx ;)

I would stack the pumps, but the Via Aqua is not a great pump, it would be better to get just one good pump than two of these.

actually i'm looking at this pump with a 12 foot head but only 3 gmp(if this is real) and then stacking the via 1200(or ViaAqua 2300 with 603 gmp) so one for the "head" and one for the speed
good?

Last edited:
Thats it, links in my sig now...

Anyways, putting two different pumps in series might have some weird effects, one might actually slow down the other. I know this has come up before but I cant find the thread.

Are you just looking for a big pump for no particular reason or do you have tons of resistance?

well i want a pump with a good "head" so when i upgrade i don't have to worry bout my pump at all any ideas on an of pump under 100

Wakeboardin_411 said:
well i want a pump with a good "head" so when i upgrade i don't have to worry bout my pump at all any ideas on an of pump under 100

upgrade as in add more blocks? you know the more head the avg pump pumps the more power you are dumping into your loop. If you have any single block and you have some 10'+ head pump you are just warming your loop up and getting worse temps.

If you are running multiple blocks thats a different story...

Wakeboardin_411 said:
explain that would you

Yes yoda,

You said "well i want a pump with a good "head" so when i upgrade i don't have to worry bout my pump at all any ideas on an of pump under 100"

What do you mean by "upgrade?" Im guessing you mean when you have your water cooling all setup you "upgrade" it down the road by adding a GPU waterblock.

Im not really sure what you are thinking so Im just gonna say what Id do. Lemme know if Im way off here.

Im guessing you want just a basic water cooling setup(just the CPU water block, one pump, and one radiator) that performs really well. And later down the road you might add a NB or GPU block.
What I would do is buy the best block I could afford. Go here and pick a block -> http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php :D
Since you are looking at powerfull pumps anyways there really isnt a point in getting low pressure drop components...
Whether I was just getting a CPU water block or a CPU waterblock and a GPU block Id go with the MCP600/aqua extreme. Look at Cathar's article in my sig. Its a good all around solution and if you want more head just up the voltage to 13.5 with an external ac/dc power supply...

jw wata think of the danner supreme mad-drive 3
i heard it has a 1/2 more head than mpc600 and is cheaper haven't looked this up yet thou
actually i don't have a system set up yet but i'm gonna start with just heater core, pump, cpu water block then yes upgrade northbride and gpu

alrite thx u all
i'll add another post when i build it gonna take another week or too thou need extra 60 for the pump

Back