• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office 2003 and norton antyvirus 2005

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evaseeker

they seem to not be able to work together,,

when ever i open any office app..

it tells me that norton antvirus 2005 is not installed correctly and it need to be reinstalled again but its no use(both original!!)...

do i need to update one of them or what....

finnally i just revearsed the order (installed office then norton) so they are working...

shame its not a good solution,?!!

Does anyone else had this problem, fixed it and it hasn't come back?

I had this problem, Office was installed first, then Norton's Internet Security 2005 (crud) and after removing MSN annoying Messenger program I started having this problem, reinstalled Norton's crud and it was fixed until a short blackout played up with Outlook because it was open at the time, now it is back again in all its glory.
(Personally I wouldn't use Norton's Internet Security but it isn't my computer)

I use both Office 2003 and Systemworks 2005 without problems.

Not sure if this is related, but: *** Do not try and move the Norton folder on your start menu to a different place, or you will get these kinds of problems. ***

JCLW said:
I use both Office 2003 and Systemworks 2005 without problems.

Not sure if this is related, but: *** Do not try and move the Norton folder on your start menu to a different place, or you will get these kinds of problems. ***

I did move the folder in the start menu, man if that is the problem I will blow you a big kiss LOL, weird as that sounds anything to do with Nortons would not surprise me.

Menu tidy up, I do this on all business customer computers, saves them asking where their more commonly used programs are "hiding in front" of them because there is to big of a list. Most of my customers don't want to play with installed programs other than work related programs.

The personalise menu system is about as useful as tits on a bull.

JCLW said:
It's a "bug", even though Symantec denies that it's a problem.

You can edit the registry to point towards the new locations, or, for an easier fix, leave norton where it was originally installed, make a copy where you want it to be, and then hide the original folder (alternate-click -> Properties -> "Hidden").

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/2004090712504306?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=3

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic19293.html

And BTW: Welcome (back) to the forums!

Thank you for that, I did the search on Symantec but as for any search if you ask the wrong question it doesn't know the answer (I definitely asked the wrong question by the look of it LOL)

You not only help me, I asked the question on OCAU and I didn't get an answer but had someone else say they were having the same problem with Norton Systemworks 2005. I will link to this thread to show him where I got the answer.

Back