• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2000 network login help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

340Duster

Like an idiot :bang head I selected the "users must enter a name and password to log on" into Windows 2k Pro. My delima is, I have no idea what the password for the "adminstrator" profile is to even get back into the system. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Try to guess the password (I would assue you set it)?

Does any other account exist for which you can gain access to?

If no other account for which you can gain access to exists, crack the password or reinstall Windows 2000 Professional.

No, that's just the thing, I don't recall ever setting a password. Leaving it blank does not work.

do a google for "offline NT password changer". You can download an exe that will create a bootable floppy with a password reset utility.

Was the installation of Windows 2000 Professional OEM?

Was an unattended or partially unattended setup of Windows 2000 Professional performed?

Know Nuttin said:
do a google for "offline NT password changer". You can download an exe that will create a bootable floppy with a password reset utility.

Thanks, that did the trick. :burn:

Back