• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slipsteamed version of SP2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

archery

Made a slipstreamed version of SP2 with the XP home OEM cd that came with my laptop. Used a CDRW to be on the safe side. It won't boot so i tried it in my desktop and it booted fine. Tried a slipstreamed version of XP pro that i used on my desktop in the laptop and that didn't boot in it either. It says checking boot CDROM and non-emulation booting then nothing. Any help and ideas would be much appreicated. Thanks :confused:

Yeah I tried 2 from differnt copies of XP. They have the file extension .img do they not. I'm using the boot image on the recovery CD that came with the laptop and the recovery cd original works fine. It wont boot from a slipstreamed SP2 version of the recovery CD. Though like I said my desktop will boot from this CD. Tried using 1 other boot image on my desktop version of XP and that doesn't work. Does any one know where I can get another version of the boot image posibly and try that. Was wondering about a BIOS upgrade but for a laptop I suppose I would have to get in touch form the manufacturer.

you have to make sure to use something like ISO ripper to get the .img file. when you burn the cd, make sure it is bootable, set the sectors to ?4?, add in the .img file, add in all the windows stuff, and BOOM.... its done

Back