• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling Captain Kirk - Help With Win XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Hey Guys

I've come across some really strange things over the last 2 days. The first thing was my Norton Security 2005 after updating it then switching my PC off till the next day. I booted it up and a message came up saying my definitions where corrupted it has to roll back. So far after updating them again it's all right. Then it did it to my Ad-ware personal SE program saying that my definitions where 700 days old but looking at them there still updated ok.

I keep getting a message saying that Windows User Mode Driver Framework has caused an error. Looking in Manage under My Computer it has failed to start I can start it manually but it's done this over the last 2 days. I've only updated my BIOS lately that's all could this be the problem if so will a full install of XP be needed.

What does my CMOS battery look like and how do I know it's gone? oh & another thing during the definitions problem my friend OC it without my say so. And he lately told me his had to do a CMOS reset he stated that he set my settings back for my BARTON but that's all. That's when I noticed my date was wrong in XP I set it back to the right date & time but everything went bye-bye. Yesterday thou I did a full format and have just FINALLY installed SP2 since updating my BIOS it's been a dream running. So hopefully my battery won't of gone here's hoping.

You really don't need to make a second thread for the same issue, in the same topic, do you??

Please use your already existing thread. (the first three posts here)

Thank you

Mr B
Forums Admin

(Yes, I merged your two threads)

Back