• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disable Reboot Option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Right now I have warm boot issues. My overclock is stable when cold booted, but when I do a warm reboot it becomes unstable. Don't ask me why, a friend suggested it to me when I was cryin about instability, and said he has the same problem, and sure enough it fixed my problem. I keep on forgeting to hit ShutDown insted of Restart, is there a way I can remove the Restart command from the Windows XP shutdown screen?

PCGUY112887 said:
Right now I have warm boot issues. My overclock is stable when cold booted, but when I do a warm reboot it becomes unstable. Don't ask me why, a friend suggested it to me when I was cryin about instability, and said he has the same problem, and sure enough it fixed my problem. I keep on forgeting to hit ShutDown insted of Restart, is there a way I can remove the Restart command from the Windows XP shutdown screen?

This would require some major, major, major hacking. I don't even know if it could be done, as I am not sure of the security features implemented within the files that run that part of windows. I don't think it would be worth it and I doubt it could be done without some assistance from MS, which won't happen. Sorry to dissapoint.

Matt

what is the reboot file? I have heard it name before. Though it may be hard you may be able to open it up an hack it in reshack, same as boot screen and save it in safe mode. Though you would need to find this file.

Also I dont mean change code I mean just change the image of it to not display restart button so your mind wont see it there for you wont pick it.

I know whatever it is is really really simple because I used to set it up at school just don't remember how I did it :p

Back