• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LC5 parallel password brute force?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I used to have a version of LC that could split the password into separate sections so several different computers could start chomping at the combinations for a password but the version of LC5 I have apparently does not have/support this feature. Does it truly no longer have this feature or do I just no longer know how to use it?

i didn't know lc had support for that, but i could see how it would be problematic not have the entire hash at once.

im not the person to ask though, haven't used l0pht in years

I bought a copy of LC3 years ago and it definately doesn't support that, must have just been LC4. At my last job I was able to crack all the passwords an about 2 days, even my own domain admin account that I thought was uncrackable.

Yea, the good news is over the internet it is harder to get the keyrate you get locally. I get 500,000 k/s key rate. I doubt it is possable to get that on a remote machine over the internet.

Back