• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Media Player (Ripping)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabaro

Anyone know how to change Windows Media Player 10 so that when you rip music off a CD it dosen't put each cd in its own folder?

Edit:
Also... Anyone know how to change the default file name?

Example:
Song # 8 is: James Taylor - Fire and Rain
Default File name is: 8 Fire and Rain
I Want: James Taylor - Fire and Rain

The ID3 tags are right... just not the file names

jabaro said:
Found the file name thing, but nothing about the folders. Any Help?
Have you tried Tools-> Options-> Rip Music and under the "Rip music to this location" there's a 'Change' button, you have an option to change the folder location here.

Yea I tried that, but that just changes the location where it puts the folders of each CD. I just want it to put the files right into my music folder, not in seperate album folders.

Kendan said:
CDEX
dbpoweramp

Better options than WMP10;) But I would assume it is in the options menu somewhere.

He beat me to it... I admit I used to use WMP to rip cds when XP first came out. I use CDEX now. The quality difference in NIGHT AND DAY. WMP just doesnt do a good job, cdex also features variable bitrate encoding to get perfect cd quality mp3s at minimal size. It takes 5 mins of your life to install, reads cd titles from online database, and it just insert and click.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

I honestly dont think you can rip songs into one big folder with WMP.

Also, ipods cant read WMA, and wmp's mp3s are horrid.

There's actually 2 places for a filename, ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags that can contain different info. You can use winamp to see both and edit all the data within them. Not filename, but you know what I mean, songname, artist, genre, etc...

Back