• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with SPAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electromagnetic

Been using gmail forever now, no spam. Not a drop of it. All-of-a-sudden I'm getting hit by one single spammer, atleast 4 per day for the past week. Each one has a bogus "remove" link they all lead to the same place and have tracking in the URL. The weird thing is they're all address to slight variations of my username "gcastillo, gcastle944, gcastaneda, etc". What do I do, or should I wait for google to block these a holes? Yes I have it marked as spam, but it irritates me just knowing it's there.

If it is from one domain, click on the settings link on the top right of the page for Gmail. you can blacklist the domain you are receiving spam from and you wont receive mail from them anymore. Hope this helped!
-James

OK, I can't find the blacklist feature you're talking about. They're already filtered into my SPAM folder, but I don't even want to see them there. Also, the domains seem to be fake or temporarily set up. Yahoo.com, aol.com, etc, not domains I want to block. They might be bouncing these messages off open SMTP relays where they can make up fake addresses, but these are definately from the same spammer.

I don't mind the occasional ad from my bank or from a site I ordered something from, but this is annoying as hell.

Hmm...It seems like you can't do much else besides create a spam filter. I guess the only thing you can do is to delete the messages in your spam folder regularly. Any more questions or comments please post since I am willing to help.

-James

Back