• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

Mozilla recently released Thunderbird 1.0, it is an e-mail client. I really like it, and have been using it for several months now, it is a lot better than Outlook Express in my opinion, it's good for e-mail as well as RSS feeds, and it handles multiple addresses a lot better than OE, you can also download extensions just like in Firefox. Check it out at: http://www.mozilla.org/

I didn't know they released V1.0!!

/me downloads.

I LOVE Thunderbird!

Edit: Sweet! No more Easy Get Mail extension needed! And my Extended Headers extension and Contacts Sidebar extensions still work!

Last edited:
Awesome!! Just before I was about to format too! :)

/me replaces Thunderbird 1.0RC1 with Thunderbird 1.0 in his slipstream install
JigPu

Tatuya said:
Is there a Water Rabbit or Earth Dinosaur program from Mozilla? With all these funky names I'd expect some odder ones.

Count me in, I'll try Thunderbird out.

There is an extension for Firefox that will change the name in the titlebar every time you start the program. I like using Lightning Iguana.

It's called Firesomething, but unfortunately they haven't updated it yet to be compatible with ver 1.0

DWolf:cool:

It depends on if that HTTP site offers POP3 or IMAP access. I'm not sure about Hotmail, but GMail certianly does (I set it up just yesterday :D), as well as a few others.

JigPu

Back