• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA problem in Device Mngr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

My card shows up under unknown device in Hardware Device Manager...if I right click on the desktop, everything shows up okay, tho? Is this a driver issue...btw, it's on an MSI KT6 Delta-LSR with WinXP Pro + SP2 and the card is a P-color 9600Pro but it did that for my old 9500np also....thanks for any help...

If it were a driver issue it probably wouldn't work or show up properly when you right-click on the desktop. It sounds more like the install program isn't registering the hardware properly in the registry and since the device isn't in Win's 'normal' list of hardware, it comes up as unknown. But since the drivers are in and working it comes up under the desktop right-click.

Does that make sense?

DWolf:cool:

i kinda see what you're saying...i'll snoop and poop around the registry some more...

I would redo the driver install, possibly first rolling back to the windows driver. The first install might have just fluked.

Back