• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Guest account tweeking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Hey pplz my family laptop just got fryed and now every one will be using my PC.
The thing is i want to know how to tweek it as in restricting what they do what webpages there alowd on and what folders they have accsess to.
Basicly i want it so they can only use microsoft word, MSN and fire for and they can only ssave to one folder thats it every thing else locked down.
(how close can i get to complete lock down??)
my familly will mess my pc up if i dont do this but they have to use it because its the only pc in the house now HELP BEFORE I CANT POST! :bang head
family :rolleyes:

If i am not mistaken SP2 allows you to select what folders/programs are allowed to be run by certain users. As far as webpages go, to my knowledge you cant restrict that via user accounts...but I could be wrong I've actually never used user accounts, I have one only...Admin.

Ya same but family need my pc for now hey any one else who has this problim i found a fix in fact every one should look into this thing its called Access manager.
i locked every thing i wanted i can make so there is no start butten, no task bar, cant have accsess tot he drives cant see drives any thing i wanted you can do and i mean ANY THING!!!!!!!!!!!

This is no cheap run of the mill app its well worth the money, (or download the trial vertion and when you want to buy it phone in and get a s/n for the full vertion.

Omg i cant even say every thing this app does it amazing even if you want to use it on urself to hide things you dont want to see like o lets say the shortcut arrows, log in screen any thing you want it does take a look into this app.

that Access manager for windows its SO DOPE!

Back